Change works for Teenage Girls – 16 Week Programme
Change Works for Teenage Girls 16 week group programme, run by skilled and experienced women, who are understanding of the needs of young women aged from 14 to 17 years.
This is both an educational and cultural experience that helps the participants to grow towards an appreciation of responsibility, self-reliance, emotional maturity and respectful relationships with themselves, their families and their community.
Week by week over four months the young women participate in a group that models and develops a sense of respect and trust, cultural identity and self-esteem. Increased self-awareness occurs through sharing of experiences in a safe and supported environment. A sense of sisterhood soon develops amongst the group.
ChangeWorks’ Living without Violence program is acknowledged and endorsed by the NZ Youth Court, the Department of Child, Youth and Family Services (CYF), NZ Police and the NZ Department of Education.
- What is anger?
- What is abuse?
- What responsibility do I take for my thoughts, feelings, and actions?
- Strategies and skills to deal with my emotions
- What I need to know about communication
- What I need to know about esteem, mine and others
- How has my Family of origin shaped me?
- Relationship issues with other people
- Substance and addiction issues
- Power, what is real power?
- Where am I going, and who comes with me?
- Our responsibility as women in our relationships as
- Daughters, partners, mothers and community members